Reports to: CEO
Date Revised: December 2022
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining the company’s the quality system including document control, Certificate of analysis/Conformance (COA/COC) and responding to customer inquiries.
• Analyzes and updates quality documentation (test procedures, product specification sheets, safety data sheet etc.), making certain that current practices are being documented.
• Coordinates with production and sales/marketing to ensure product quality meets customer requirements and delivery expectations.
• Manages and monitors all corrective actions (CARs) to determine the root cause and to prevent reoccurring issues.
• Ensures proper Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are followed, and collectsdocumentation on advanced container maintenance, and production operations.
• Ships product samples to customers and manages hazardous waste shipments and documentation.
• Performs statistical analysis of data to generate Statistical Process Controls (SPC) and Certified Process Capabilities (CPK) information.
• Lead/Participate in site specific Process Safety Management (PSM), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Management of Change (MOC), Pre-start safety review (PSSR) and Job Safety analysis (JSA).
• Provides guidance, education, and assistance with compilation of process safety information (PSI).
• Supervises the operation of industrial wastewater treatment systems to ensure procedures and operating equipment limits have been reviewed and risk assessed.
• Involved in site emergency preparedness and response including on-all weekend requirements.
• Responsible for Environmental Regulatory Compliance, including Air Permit, RCRA waste disposal, TRI, FIFRA Reporting, Tier 2, EPA Federal and State Pesticide reporting.
• Develops and conducts site-specific safety trainings for union and non-union employees.
• Act as a Lead Technical Resource during facility audits and customer/supplier quality audits.
• Develop and lead audit program related to FIFRA compliance including: labelling, packaging, CSF, etc.
• Ensures compliance with established facility safety policies and procedures and other regulations and standards (IE: EPA, OSHA, NACD, NSF, NAFTA, TSCA, NMFC) as applicable.
• Manages and leads the EHSS department personnel and acts as a backup to all positions in this department as needed.
• Oversees that all EHSS duties and tasks are being completed in a timely manner and acts as a mentor to direct reports.
• Performing other duties as required.
• Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, with close attention to detail.
• Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task effectively
• Must be work well in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to manage confidential information
• Exceptional management and supervisory skills.
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Chemical Engineering or Quality Control/Environmental Science preferred with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in the chemical industry.
• Must be proficient with computer systems, and experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel, and be accustomed to working with databases containing large amounts of data.
• Previous experience in a management role with a minimum of two direct reports is preferred.
• Must have sufficient mobility to access all areas of the plant site in support of project work. This will involve climbing/descending ladders and stairways. Must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle to visit equipment and service vendors or customer locations. Required to wear personal protective equipment in the plant environment. This position requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Union Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits in a non-union management position
• 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plan Options with Company Match
• Competitive Paid Time Off
Alexander Chemical Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.