Reports to: Vice President of Sales & Marketing
Date Revised: January, 2024
- The Inside Sales role develops, maintains, and interacts primarily with established customers to promote ongoing sales and to facilitate increased sales growth.
- Supports the Alexander Chemical sales growth goals by developing new business through prospects assigned by manager as well as through own territory management.
- Communicates the Alexander Chemical value-added offerings, including Core Values, product specifications, technical services, and marketing support to customers.
- Provides support for new customers by coordinating new customer setup forms, making site visits (as necessary for site assessments), and by assisting the customer with their first order.
- Maintains regular communication with existing customers to review order history, resolve issues, and to cross-sell other products if possible.
- Works with the Customer Service, Transportation, and Production departments to facilitate customer requests and orders are effectively managed.
- Makes sales calls to prospective customers to determine product needs.
- Develops quotes by obtaining pricing from Pricing Specialist, VP of Sales & Marketing, or CEO (as needed), and by coordinating with Customer Service or Transportation for freight estimates.
- Maintains current and accurate CRM database to support customer/sales relationships and activities. Database includes:
- Customer contact and price quote information
- Ship-to addresses; and
- Prospecting pipeline for inside and outside sales to utilize with relevant notes.
- An ambassador for the use of the CRM and assists other employees in training and knowledge of the CRM capabilities.
- Works to create and maintain an inside sales territory while building new customer relationships.
- Cross train as back-up for the Bid and Pricing Specialist positions to assist when needed.
- Attends monthly safety training as well as offsite Safety Seminars and maintains knowledge and adherence to Alexander Chemical’s EHSS policies and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Associates level college degree with an emphasis in business or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales and/or marketing.
- 5+ years’ experience in the chemical industry is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of products, markets and applications is required.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to communicate sound ideas and solutions intelligently to all facets of a customer organization.
- Changes in technology, applications and sales trends require the individual to strive to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current technology and strong business acumen.
- Position requires excellent teamwork, negotiation, organizational, communication and computer skills.
- Individual must be a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy is very important in this role.
- Must work effectively in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong knowledge and previous application of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Adobe software.
- Primarily inside sales role with up to 10% travel required.
- Knowledge and experience with Chempax or a similar industry specific ERP system is preferred.
- Must have sufficient mobility to access all areas of the plant site in support of maintenance technicians.
- This will involve climbing/descending stairways.
- Repeated physical motions will be required in performing duties.
- Must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Requires the individual to sit at a desk for prolonged periods of time and use a desktop phone consistently throughout the day.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) in the plant environment, which may include an escape respirator.
- Union Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits in a non-union position
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plan Options with Company Match
- Competitive Paid Time Off
Alexander Chemical Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Physical Address: 7593 S. First Road, Kingsbury, IN 46345
Mailing Address: 7593 S. First Road, La Porte, IN 46350