Responsible Chemical Distribution
With nearly 40 years of service to its members, the Alliance of Chemical Distribution (ACD – Formerly known as the NACD, National Association of Chemical Distributors) has placed the highest priority on the health, safety, and security of employees, communities and the environment.
As a member of the ACD, Alexander Chemical Corporation takes great pride in its commitment to the Responsible Distribution™ process. Responsible Distribution, which is an integral part of the ACD, has helped to improve the environment, health, safety, and security of member companies, as well as the communities in which they reside since 1991.
A condition of membership in the ACD requires a signed commitment to Responsible Distribution. Additionally, a third-party verification program, which requires members to continuously improve performance in the areas of the environment, health, safety, and security.
ACD members play a leadership role in their communities as a resource for important information. Members are also eager to provide the same assistance and guidance to local, state, and federal legislators regarding the safe handling, storage, transportation, use and disposal of chemical products.
Each ACD member agrees to follow the guiding principles of Responsible Distribution:
- To recognize and respond to community concerns about chemicals, their handling, and transportation.
- To make safety, health, security, and environmental impact a priority in our planning for all existing and new operations, products, processes, and facilities.
- To inform emergency response officials, employees, customers, and the public of manufacturers’ information on chemical-related health or environmental hazards, as well as recommendations on what appropriate protective measures can be taken.
- To work with customers, per manufacturer’s recommendations, on product stewardship, including handling, use, transportation, and disposal of chemical products.
- To operate our plants and facilities in a manner that protects the health, safety, and security of the public, our employees, the environment, and our facilities.
- To cooperate in resolving problems created by previous methods of handling and disposing of hazardous chemicals.
- To participate with government officials and others in creating responsible laws, regulations, and practices to help safeguard the community, workplace, and environment.
- To promote the principles and practices of Responsible Distribution by sharing experiences and offering assistance to others who produce, handle, use, transport, or dispose of chemicals.
- As an active member of the ACD, Alexander Chemical believes in going above and beyond expectations. We continuously improve our performance by implementing world-class management practices, partnering with independent auditors, and tracking performance through metrics related to the environment, health, safety, and security. Our current programs have helped us to optimize our energy efficiency. We strive for continuous improvement in our daily operations concerning safely handling and transporting our products across the globe.